Leopard- Learning from the learning company can help you turbo charge your learning
Welcome and twice welcome to the learning company and specifically to this website leopard-learning.
We have a crisis of learning in our organisations and leopard-learning wants to help.
Are you struggling to deal with one lot of changes after
So busy you don't have time to put into your own
Don't have a clue what your next career move might
Like to develop your leadership abilities but not another
Have an untouched employee development plan in the bottom
Would like to encourage your team to be more flexible and
Would like to be able to better lead yourself and your team
Want to lift the performance and engagement of your team?
Want to support and encourage a colleague in developing
THIS IS WHAT THE LEARNING COMPANY IS ABOUT
How to foster better learning for individuals and organisations.
How to improve work relationships
How to create better places to work
How to get more done
How to figure out new stuff
How to cope better with change
Leopard-learning is one of a number of online resources from the learning company dedicated to helping professional people create constructive change for themselves and others.
and we think that is a worthwhile thing to be doing and hope you do too
Or remembering my old evolution lectures in another word it’s about change and adaptation.
Why can learning at work be so hard?.
Whether on the phone, in meetings, or in cyberspace, we are constantly exchanging ideas, gathering information, and putting plans into action, all through the medium of conversation. We are presented with enormous opportunities to learn on a daily basis and yet in my experience many people are simply looking the other way.
If you were to review the global research on managerial effectiveness and employee engagement, you would be forced to come to the conclusion that, in spite of billions of dollars invested in leadership development and employee training, we are just not very good at change and learning in organisations. It is somewhat ironic that learning can become one of the first casualties of reactive busy environments; leaders and managers for a number of reasons don’t create time for reflective thinking.
A little learning theory here (sorry) Contemporary neuroscience research is suggesting that we very often act from habit; many of our responses are hardwired as we jump in to try to solve problems with very little awareness of whether what we say or do will achieve our desired results.
In times of pressure and change this can become the “default setting” for many managers. This is the looking- the- other- way scenario; we place insufficient attention on seeing how we are impacting on others.
This lack of awareness prevents us from learning how to communicate more effectively or discovering better ways of thinking.
You could argue that this is always one of the greatest challenges facing any organisation and any individual: how to keep improving how to figure out new things to do, how to respond to changing circumstances.
You will over time find at leopard-learning lots of practical ideas and tools here to help you as well as ideas and information to stimulate your own thinking and reflection.
Learning theories for the theoretically inclined
Practical templates and employee development plans for the practically inclined
Provocative articles for the conceptually inclined
Things to try right away for the activists amongst you
Leopard-learning will have things to enable you to kick-start your own learning or foster it in others
But you need to add some of the magic ingredients,
Thinking and doing..
So feel free to have a good look around leopard-learning, I add new content most weeks.
If you would like to keep up to date with the learning company activities in general (including leopard-learning) then you can also subscribe to my RSS feed and Ezine Learning Matters.
Learning Matters is a free newsletter from the learning company and leopard-learning filled with ideas, practical tools and suggestions to kick-start your learning and help you develop others. It is periodically delivered directly to your
email in box.
With your free subscription to our leopard-learning ezine, you will also receive a 24 page ebook ABSOLUTELY FREE on how to practically use developmental feedback.
Subscribe below or click on our newsletter tab for more information.
- Leopard learning
- The Leopard Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the leopard-learning.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- About Us
- About Us
- Learning Matters ezine and free ebook and free newsletter
- Introduction to Learning Matters the free newsletter ezine for Leopard-Learning.
- Welcome to the Leopard Learning Store
- A Definition Of Learning
- At last the absolute best and most useful definition of learning
- What is a Learning Organization?
- Description benefits and critique of the learning organization
- Leadership Development Plan
- Crafting your Leadership development plan
- Change Management Models And Learning
- Learning and change management models
- Career Development Plan
- A Career development plan introduction
- free team building activities
- What is team building, different types of free team building activities and team building exercises
- Team Work Activities A Leaders guide
- 8 step team work activities for leaders
- Learning Styles
- Do we really have different Learning styles?, We review current thinking on learning styles and what they might mean for you.
- Brain Based Learning
- Brain based learning insights that change everything about learning
- learning evaluation
- Learning evaluation is critical component in adopting an outcome orientation to learning and training design
- Learning Theory and Factors that Influence Learning
- learning theory and identifying the critical factors that impact on learning in organizational environments and clear actions to deal with these.
- Benefits Of Online Learning
- Overview of the benefits of online learning to trainers and trainees and the disadvantages
- Executive coaching
- Executive coaching defintion, overview and benefits and pitfalls
- 360 Degree feedback
- If you are thinking about using a 360 degree feedback process for yourself or for others here are a few things you need to know. we also talk about pros and cons of 360 feedback
- Creating A Personal Development Plan
- Five steps to a great personal development plan
- Learning express selected videos on learning, change, leadership and career
- Learning express has carefully selected videos on learning theories, learning styles, leadership development , leading change and career development
- Organizational Development
- An overview and definition of organizational development
- Defining organizational Culture
- Defining organizational culture in order to support change management programs
- Leadership characteristics
- One of the rarest leadership characteristics is learning from success
- Contact Us
- Contact leopard -learning with comments, ideas, feedback
- Leopard Learning Site Map
- Leopard learning Site Map
- Ten career ideas To Change Your Career track
- Ten career Ideas To Change Your Career track
- Workplace principles of learning
- Principles of learning, What factors influence learning • Main blockages to learning in organisations • Ideas on effective learning behaviours
- Leadership Resilience
- Career success can hinge on our resilience as quite simply those resilient enough to react the most productively will make the most progress.